sponsers..

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Magic Mirror Security System

The Magic Mirror is essentially hiring the floating face character from Snow White and, instead of it telling you who the fairest one of all is, it monitors your home. I will admit that the Magic Mirror is a useful security system, but I don’t really appreciate its theme. I suppose if my home really was my castle, then this would go with it perfectly.

The M30P Magic Mirror system has an interface that is designed to look like a mirror, but it is only to hide the 30 inch LCD display. It has a program with a CG character named Basil of the Mirror.

Basil is designed to say about one hundred things about the problems around your home. Samples include “may I inform you that the motor car garage door has just been opened” or “pardon me, but isn’t it time to leave for practice”.

I can only imagine that he says things with the tonal snobbery pattern of Batman’s butler Alfred. Of course, if you don’t like Basil, Themeaddicts, Inc., the company who makes this odd yet practical product, will gladly custom make a character for your mirror.

The company site doesn’t really give any estimation of cost on the Magic Mirror system, but I’m guessing it isn’t cheap. It will be even more expensive if they custom-make your character.

Source

No comments: